Application of Policy
Effective December 26, 2018
Our Privacy Commitments
Our privacy commitments are fundamental to the way we do business every day. These apply to everyone who has a relationship with us – including customers and website visitors.
- We will protect your privacy and keep your personal information safe. We use encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data.
- We will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any purpose. Period.
- You have choices about how we use your information for marketing purposes. Customers are in control.
Here’s some of the information we collect:
- Account Information includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, service related details such as payment data, security codes, service history, and other information like that;
- Network Performance & Usage Information tells us how you use our network, our products, and our services, and how well our equipment and network is performing;
- Web Browsing & Wireless Application Information tells us about the websites you visit and the mobile applications you use on our network;
- Location Information tells us where your wireless device is located.
Here are the three basic ways we collect it:
- We get information from you when you do things like make a purchase from us;
- We collect it from how you use our products and services;
- Other sources, like credit agencies, marketing companies, and other service providers provide it to us.
Here are just some of the ways we use it. To:
- Provide services and improve your customer experience;
- Bill you for your services;
- Respond to your questions;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our network;
- Let you know about service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Improve entertainment options;
- Deliver Relevant Advertising;
- Create External Marketing & Analytics Reports; and
- Assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.
Some examples of who we share your Personal Information with:
- Affiliated companies. Cricket is an AT&T company and Cricket shares your Personal Information with AT&T and other companies in the AT&T family, commonly referred to as affiliates, for a variety of purposes, including the marketing of products and services to you.
- Other companies that perform services on our behalf only as needed for them to perform those services. We require them to protect your information consistent with our Policy.
- Other companies and entities, to:
- Respond to 911 requests and other emergencies or exigencies;
- Comply with court orders and other legal processes;
- Assist with identity verification, and preventing fraud and identity theft;
- Enforce our agreements and property rights; and
- Obtain payment for products and services.
Details on Personal and Anonymous & Aggregate Information
- What is Personal Information? Information that identifies or reasonably can be used to identify you.
- What is Anonymous? This is information that doesn’t identify you and can’t reasonably be used to identify you specifically.
- What is Aggregate? We take a whole bunch of people’s data and combine it into anonymous groups or categories.
- How we use this information? We use and share this information in many ways including research, media analysis and retail marketing and Relevant Advertising. This data is also included in External Marketing & Analytics Reports
Our commitment to protecting your data
- We don’t sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose. Period.
- We keep your Personal Information in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We will keep your information safe using encryption or other appropriate security controls.
- We want you to know that we don’t knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Your Choices & Controls
- You have choices about which types of advertising you get from us;
- You can control whether your anonymous information is used in our External Marketing & Analytics Reports;
- You can choose whether to receive marketing calls, emails or text messages from us;
- You have a choice about how we use your Customer Proprietary Network Information